March 01, 2020
No. of positions: Singular
Salary: Payment is in accordance with the norms of the Bulgarian Ministry of Culture
Working hours: Readiness/Willingness for non-regular working hours associated with BCI events programme
Contract: Initial 1 month trial period, with the possibility of permanent appointment either full-time or part-time
Start Date: March 01, 2020
The Bulgarian Cultural Institute London (BCI London) is looking to recruit an individual for an assistant position along the following terms; an initial one month trial period at the end of which, if both parties are satisfied, the position will be secured.
About BCI London:
BCI London is Bulgaria’s official representation of the Ministry of Culture, which works to promote Bulgarian culture, knowledge and tourism, under the patronage of the Minister of Culture of the Republic of Bulgaria in the UK.
The Institute is open to engage in any form of collaboration and partnership project work; with potential partners ranging from government agencies to NGOs, limited companies and individual artists or cultural promoters. The majority of the Institute’s work is aimed not only at Bulgarians, but at those from or living in the UK who may have an interest in the culture and history of Bulgaria.
Dedicated to enhancing knowledge and appreciation of Bulgarian culture, BCI London organises and supports a wide spectrum of innovative programmes and events, including the promotion of Bulgarian art and artists in the UK. The Institute’s ultimate goal is to draw attention to the great achievements within Bulgaria’s vast cultural history, as well as to those of current artists and performers, new and seasoned alike. We also aim to encourage collaborations between Bulgarians and Britons, be it on an individual or organisational level.
What we offer:
- Exciting and interesting work with the opportunity for future professional development and career
- Payment is in accordance with the norms of the Bulgarian Ministry of Culture
- Work experience in the field of culture, events organization, exhibitions
- Organizes, controls and directs the timely and correct movement of objects of high cultural value
- Keeps an eye on the timely payment of expense invoices and documents
- Organizes, conducts and finalizes inventories – by documents and physical availability of goods
- Prepares reports
- Establishes and maintains contacts with individuals and institutions in the creative and state spheres
- Fulfills the duties assigned to him by his direct supervisor in connection with the work.
- Endorses the authority of the BCI and the Ministry of Culture, fulfilling the functions, goals and tasks of BCI London
- Prepares promotional materials (invitations, programs, posters, annotations, etc.) and monitors their timely distribution
- Fluent English and Bulgarian (written and spoken)
- Higher education in the field of culture
- Knowledge, love and respect for Bulgarian culture and writing
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Previous administrative or equivalent experience
- Driving license
- Ability to work and adapt quickly under pressure
- Ability to work both individually and within a team
- Ability to communicate authoritatively with senior stakeholders and artists/performers alike
- Knowledge of MS Office, WordPress, Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator/InDesign and social media and marketing
- Readiness/Willingness for non-regular working hours associated with BCI events programme
- Experience with managing government-allocated budgets or equivalent
- Good to advanced knowledge of PHP/HTML/CSS/CSS3
Please submit applications by e-mail email@example.com , including:
- a CV – in Bulgarian and English
- a covering letter – in both Bulgarian and English
Applications will be accepted until the 17th of February (17.02.2020).
After all applications have been considered, approved candidates will be notified via email and scheduled for an interview.